Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Recovering...

Pain don't hurt. ~ James Dalton

Yesterday: Walk - various, about 2 blocks
Today: Walk - 16th Street Mall, about 6 blocks
Tomorrow: Swim (maybe) - Gilpin County Rec Center, ~ 30 minutes

So I actually think I am recovering fairly well. Mostly thanks to Rach rubbing my toes and whatnot every chance she gets. And feeding me amazing food. She is a savior.

So my bruises are starting to fade a bit and my feet only occasionally have that intense pins and needles feeling they were getting over the past few days. Now I seem to only get the occasional dull ache in my toes. My right foot is actually still quite painful and I walked a little far today on it. The outside, mostly. And, of course, the toes. I have not yet lost any nails but think that is probably coming soon.

My legs, though a little sore, are doing surprisingly well. My right knee is popping a little but it is less persistent today than the past two so I think this is returning to normal as well. Yesterday, I was just fatigued but fell sharper today. I was able to attend client meetings both yesterday and today without too much trouble. I am still eating like a horse but I expected this to be the case.

The interesting thing is I am already thinking about running again and hoping I can get back out there soon. I know I need to wait but there are some runs I didn't get to do in training that I would really like to do now that I have some more time. I promised myself to take a solid month off before doing anything with too much impact so I guess it will be mid-September before I can run again wisely. If there is such a thing as wise running.

Movie stuff:
I watched Hot Fuzz the other night and was pleasantly surprised. Actually a lot funnier than I expected and even more so upon subsequent viewings. The DVD also has a FUZZ FACTS feature that popped up information about the movie while you watch. Showed influences, other films they were spoofing, filming locations, and other interesting tidbits. Good stuff. I recommend this one for sure.

Okay... off to bed. My feet need their beauty rest.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails