Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Blogger doesn't like the iPhone...

Would you like to touch my monkey? ~ Dieter

Yesterday: Singlespeed ride - Casa del Critters, 1.5 hours
Today: Night run - West Mag trails, 1.5 hours
Tomorrow: Ride - Ned trails, 1.5 hours

So the iPhone and Blogger don't play well. Interesting. I am guessing a fix for this has to be in the works but for now, no mobile blogging from my phone. Which is actually probably a blessing.

So 10 days out (or so) and I am feeling great. Getting a little antsy to start but really just feeling excited. I go to sleep most nights visualizing the course (rarely make it past Fish Hatchery before I drift off and have to start over). The Crüe is all jazzed. We are full steam ahead.

Last night I went for a glorious post-rain singlespeed ride. Just dinked around the forest and explored some trails in the area on which I had not ridden for quite some time. I didn't feel as well as the previous day's adventure but I had just whacked down another amazing meal and was a bit stuffed. I really am enjoying the one-speeder... looking forward to exploring some more this fall post-race.

Tonight (in about a half an hour), I am meeting Bob and Brad for a night run in Ned. I am really itching to run at this point which I can't imagine being a bad thing. Better to go into a hundred-miler excited to run than sick of it. At least that is the theory on which I am working.

We got the new Simpsons DVD set today and are rocking that as we speak. Season 10 was the last for which we actually had tapes so we'll be entering new territory once season 11 comes out. Good stuff.

Movie review: At some point I saw the trailer for Alpha Dog and I guess it looked not bad enough to warrant a peek. Though it wasn't awful, it definitely wasn't great. It was watchable for the most part but I wouldn't recommend rushing out to rent it or anything. So there you have a mediocre review to match.

Gotta get my stuff together.

See you out there.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails