Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The darkness...

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Yesterday: Night run - West Mag, 1.25 hours
Today: Hike - Neighborhood, 30 minutes
Tomorrow: Singlespeed ride - 1 hour

Feeling fit and coming down to the final days of preparation for the big event. Last night's run was a blast. Bob and Brad were kind enough to come up the hill to join me for the nighttime woods adventure. We didn't die once.

We started on the far west end of Magnolia and basically ran the Habitrail backwards. There were a few people out violating the fire ban but what else is new? Once, during a particularly evil drought, a friend and I were riding in the west Mag area only to come across some dumbass with TWO fires burning in the middle of the day. Sometimes I am surprised we have lasted this long. In any event, just because you are "camping" does not mean you must burn every item made of wood within a stone's throw of your tent. But I digress...

I am now just getting final preparations set. I think I have everything I need aside from food and whatnot. Just need to organize, pack it up in a nice way so that Megan and Nichole won't hate me and jam up the hill to the event. It sounds like most of the Crüe is going to head to Leadville next Friday so we should be able to take the afternoon to get everything together. Good stuff.

~stubert.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails