Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Four days out...

That was not my cocaine, nor were those my pants. ~ Lindsay Lohan (paraphrased)

I will forgo the "Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow" action until I actually have something going on "Yesterday, Today or Tomorrow". Soon, I hope.

Things have been super busy with work and client management stuff over the past few days. This is a good thing though I occasionally want to just settle down and get some work done. Met with a couple of clients today and there are some exciting things on the horizon. Great stuff.

I walked a bit more today than perhaps advised (15 blocks, maybe?) and my right shin is really sore. Same problem I had before with the left one. Fortunately I know how to nurse this one and don't have a hundred mile race staring me in the face only 4 weeks or so away. So significantly less stress this time around. I'll probably give it a week or so and then go see Dr. Dave if it doesn't seem to be improving.

My buddy Nat Ross is a pro cyclist who specializes in 24-hour solo mountain bike racing. He is a super-stud and wins races on a regular basis. I think he has had podium finishes for the last three years at least in the World Championships and won last year's US National title. He recently sent me an email letting me know that it takes him about 5 weeks to recover from a bike event so I am not really planning any long runs in the foreseeable future. I'll keep trying to get to the pool and will probably break out the bike soon but am really planning to take it easy for some time to come. Rest is the key word and I will make it my bitch. Wait... that doesn't really work, does it?

So tomorrow I'll be up early, cranking out some work stuff and getting a couple of bids out the door to prospective clients. If you know any good developers who also can build Facebook apps, send them my direction.

Peace, geese and chicken grease.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails