Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, August 10, 2007

Leadville or bust...

From the Hudson River out to the Nile, I run the marathon til the very last mile. ~ Beastie Boys

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday: Run, run some more, repeat.

As you can see, I got mobile blogging to work. Good stuff. Typing on the iPhone is still a bit of a pain in the butt so don't count on long entries for the next few days. Pete said he would post updates during the race on Saturday but I know the coverage out there is spotty, at best, so don't be disappointed if posts are few and far between, and brief.

I have everything ready to go, thanks to my lovely sweetheart, the Rachinator. She baked about a thousand cookies for the Crüe, made me soup, humus, special race tea and black beans and bought me a ton of snacks for the event. Most awesome. Everything is in the truck and ready to head up the hill.

I jam out of here about 7:30 tomorrow morning then will meet the Crüe at Kermit's and carpool up to Leadville. I then check in, get updated on rules and whatnot, then we'll head out to Twin Lakes to the Windspirit Lodge. "Excited" does not fully represent how I am feeling at this point.

Ok. Everyone be good. I'll get back with race reports ASAP.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails