Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Monday, August 20, 2007

I have sausage toes...

Rach's mental image of how my feet must feel.

Damaged by you. Damaged by me. ~ Black Flag

So thanks to Rach, I am recovering nicely. She has just been an absolute life saver - going to town with care, food and massage. Apparently, I am even polite in my sleep as she gave my poor toes some TLC last night while I was sleeping. I don't remember any of this as I was in a coma but I guess I thanked her, which is pretty funny. She rules.

I slept for a solid 14 hours and am actually feeling pretty well this morning. My feet seem to have taken the brunt of the trauma (go figure) and several of my toes look like those lame little sausages you get at even lamer dinner parties. I appear to have not lost any appreciable amount of weight (which is a good sign) but feel skinnier somehow. Not sure exactly how that works but there you have it.

The outside of my right foot was incredibly bruised yesterday but this seems to have subsided (or at least spread) to the point where it is less noticeable. The one area that is amazing is on my right shin. Yesterday there was a small bruise forming here which has now spread to be about the size of a pancake if one were to wrap that around my leg. The body is an interesting beast. I suffered no outward trauma to this area but the internal damage has manifested itself as exterior evidence. I sense an ice bath coming in the not-too-distant future.

Movie review:
So I can't say for certain but if you have just gotten home from running roughly 3 consecutive marathons, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters may be the very best movie ever made. But don't quote me on that.

More to come...

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails