Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Monday, August 27, 2007

Nothing to see here...


You changed your name to McLovin? ~ Evan

Yesterday: Swim - Gilpin County Rec Center, 30 minutes ~1/2 mile
Today: Nuthin'
Tomorrow: Massage/Chiropractor/Swim (maybe)

Recovering nicely, I think. I am still pretty exhausted, that much I know and my foot still hurts quite a bit, but I am getting better. I have even caught myself wishing I could go for a run. Weird.

Not much new to report, really. I have two toenails with which I am pretty sure I will eventually part company and one other that doesn't look so great. We'll see what happens with those guys. Maybe I can auction them on eBay. If nothing else, they can join Rach's collection of Kingfisher puke and tarantula "skin".

I have a busy day planned for tomorrow with visits to Shirley for some post-race torture and then Doctor Dave for an adjustment to see if I can make my other shin behave. It actually seems to be doing a bit better today but keeps swapping leads with my foot for lingering-est injury. (Yes, I realize this is only a week out so really I should shut my yap.) Really, I expected to be much more crippled than this. Did I do something wrong? Should I not be pining away for the time when I can start running again? I think I broke my brain.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Movie stuff:
The other day, I went to see the new movie, Superbad. This was a vile, profanity-laced, disgusting portrayal of life as a highschool goober. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Take your mom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails