Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Closing in...

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. ~ Henry Van Dyke

Yesterday: Off
Today: Run - GGCSP, 1 hour
Tomorrow: Run - Neighborhood, 30 minutes

Seems I have been a day ahead all week. I think that is a really good sign at this point. Way ahead of the game.

I think I pretty much have everything ready to roll. Just a few more days now until we get this thing going and I can't wait! I went to Dr. Dave today (North Boulder Chiropractic) and he gave me the green light. My strength has stayed steady since I started regular treatments and I haven't had any further flair-ups. That is confidence-inspiring, I can assure you. Just a couple more training runs, last-minute food purchases and some prep time up in Leadville and I'll be good to go.

Rach has been cooking up a storm and helping me get ready to run. She has made me some double-top-secret concoctions for the event that will keep me smiling to the finish. Some yummy soup, tea, black beans and humus that will fuel me throughout the race. Plus, she'll have her world-famous cookies for the Crüe (and me if they don't eat them all before I get to the first check-point!).

The Crüe is raring to go. Pete is nursing a rib injury but is test-driving it tonight to see how things go. Luke and Nichole are super jazzed, Brad is going to rock some new shoes on his section and Jess, Bob and Lindsay are taking time off their busy schedules to jam up the hill to help a brotha out. Megan leaves for 2 years in Mexico just days after the event and is burning some valuable packing time to help out. How kickass is that? Rach is planning to head up there on Saturday so I'll have someone to smooch at a couple of the check-points as well. She has just been killer throughout the past year of preparation, training, and endless talk about the event. If I were her, I'd probably scream the next time anyone mentioned the word "Leadville" but she listens to my endless blathering on the subject with a smile and words of encouragement. How much does that rule?

Ok. I am off to do a short run.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails