Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, July 29, 2007

My bike shoes smell like cat pee...


Yesterday: Ride - Ned trails, 3.5 hours
Today: Singlespeed Ride - Caribou, 2.75 hours
Tomorrow: Chiropractor, rest

Normally, I wouldn't go around sniffing shoes, mine or anyone elses, but last year Dylan took a whiz in my bike shoes and well... it lingers. Whatchgonnado?

This weekend, I logged some hours on the mountain bikes to give the shin a rest. Seems to have worked nicely. No problems either day which, as you can imagine, makes me pretty happy. The riding went pretty well too. I got soaked on Saturday but it was warm and there wasn't any lightning so I stayed out. Hit up some old trails in the Ned/Eldora area and then explored some new ones on the way home. My bike was destroyed afterwards from all the mud but it cleaned up nicely.

Today, Luke and I headed up to Eldora to suffer up the Caribou Flats climb on the singlespeeds. I wouldn't really recommend this one unless you have the right gears. Both Luke and I are rocking pretty tall ratios so we ended up pushing a fair amount. Full-rigid is a little rough as well but sometimes you have to keep it really, really real. Old school. After a couple of missteps, we managed to find a kickass section of singletrack I had not ridden for many years and let me tell you, it was well worth it. Great ride. Here's the full album.

Tomorrow I plan to do a whole lot of nuthin'. I have an appointment with Dr. Dave but will be taking the rest of the day off. I'm into my taper at this point and rest is going to be my primary focus over the next few weeks. I'll roll out for a few runs here and there to test the leg, will do a few medium rides and take it easy until the race. I need to finalize my race plan for Megan, Nichole and Luke to review and get everything in order prior to the event. That is on this week's agenda for sure.

Keep the peace.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails