Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, July 12, 2007

A quick one...

All work and no beer make Homer something something. ~ Homer Simpson

Yesterday: Nothing (ugh)
Today: Short Ride - Around the neighborhood/Flume, 1 hour
Tomorrow: Ride

So I have not seemed to have any time lately. Feeling a bit stressed about that but what are you going to do? I have had a bunch of meetings this week which have cut into production time and have had to drop down into the valley almost every day thus far. Have I mentioned that I don't miss my commute?

Today I got up relatively early to do a quick ride before this morning's meeting in Broomfield. Fairly uneventful ride, really. I felt strong. The leg hurt a little. It is still gorgeous up here. Etc.

I need to work out the remainder of my training and am trying to get a better feel for pacing as well. I ran my first draft by some friends with Leadville experience and they both thought I was being a little aggressive on the return. I was trying to be conservative on the way out but was probably pushing it a little bit on the way home. I have made adjustments so that my out/back splits are about 44/56. We'll continue to tinker with this a bit and see if I can make them work.

We are having our first crew meeting tonight as well. I am letting Luke, Nichole and Megan run these so that I can focus on the run. It will be fun to get everyone together for a quick run-down of the event.

Alright... back to work.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails