Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Fun run...

Progress comes from the intelligent use of experience. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Yesterday: Run - Casa del Critters/Flume, 1 hour 15 minutes
Today: Ride/Hike/Relax
Tomorrow: Run/Hike - Pawnee/Buchanan Passes, 6 hours?

Yesterday I ran around the house. Not literally, mind you, but in the neighborhood. It was a gorgeous evening - calm, cool. Perfect. The wildflowers are really starting to take off up here and I was treated with a bold display of color throughout my run. Tons of Columbine lined the trailside as I ran on old mining roads and singletrack trails.

It is really fun to see how much differently I am able to handle familiar terrain. I used to have difficulties running this loop and would have to walk major sections. Last night, I ran the entire loop without trouble and was able to moderate my speed to maintain a steady cadence through the run. Good times.

Contracting is staying steady. A bit of a drop-off this week given the holiday but I am still managing to put in a decent number of hours. I picked up another new project today and will need to get started immediately to ensure that it gets completed on time.

Tomorrow, we are going to head up Pawnee Pass and loop back around to Buchanan Pass in the northern Indian Peaks Wilderness. This should be a fun challenge as we'll get up pretty high, have to navigate some snow (most likely) and will be out for quite awhile. I am looking forward to it for sure.

Movie time: I forgot to mention Shopgirl, a Steve Martin vehicle, we watched the other night. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but found this to be a charming film about loneliness. It was well acted and would recommend it for sure. The pacing is steady throughout and some might find it a little on the slow side but it was an engaging film that had a lot to say without being overly sappy.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails