Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Monday, July 23, 2007

Funday ride...

The greatest delicacies taste of nothing when eaten alone. ~ Hanshiro Tsugumo

Yesterday: Ride - Ned area, 2.25 hours
Today: Rest
Tomorrow: Road Ride - Ward, 2.5 hours

Yesterday's ride was a blast. Megan met me in Ned and we hit the West Mag trails with a vengeance. Just a fun jaunt in the woods. There are some cool trails up there, many of which I have ridden in the past but things change so frequently that they seem new every time I am on them.

It is really funny how that works. It is the same for skiing, running, hiking... many very familiar places seems so different as their conditions are changed by weather conditions, traffic, the time of day or year. One day a trail can be buttery smooth and the next rutted and bumpy. One thing I have noticed as I now have logged a full year of consistent training is that the same trail can become a totally new experience just based on the day and time one happens to be on it. I have seen familiar trails from the heat of summer to snow and ice-covered in winter; in rain, sun and darkness; painted with the blossoms of Spring and the equally glorious canvas of Fall. This has been quite a year and I hope to continue this adventure for many more to come.

The leg gave me some problems yesterday but I am coping. That is pretty much all I can do at this point. Not worth getting all tweaked about it. I just need to figure out the best ways to approach the problem and do what I can to make it better. Not worth getting all stressed about for sure. That just wouldn't be productive use of time and energy.

Movie time: Pete recommended the film Harakiri a couple of weeks ago and I finally had the time to watch it. This fine film was penned by Shinobu Hoshimoto (Rashomon) and is one of those fantastic movies that you want to watch again once you get to the end. Superbly crafted and acted, Harakiri unfolds slowly and builds to a conclusion that exemplifies filmmaking at its best. Highly recommended.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails