Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, July 20, 2007

Less than a month...

Some people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts. ~ Steve Prefontaine (thanks, Nichole!)

Yesterday: PT
Today: Ride or Run - Around my house, ~ 1.5 hours
Tomorrow: Run/Hike - Hope Pass, 5-6 hours

Sorry for the lack of updates, this has been a hectic week and I didn't have a lot to report.

I have been nursing the shin problem for the last week and finally broke down and went to see Mark Plaatjes yesterday for some much-needed PT. He whipped out his evil thumbs and went to work attempting to rip my heart out through my lower leg. Good stuff. I have noticed over the past few days that merciless massage made it feel a bit better (if only temporarily) and Mark is definitely the go-to guy for this. He then used some laser/light therapy thing on me and then hooked me up to the car battery again with the super-heating pad action. It feels a bit better today though really sore to the touch which is expected. Hopefully this will take and I'll be able to finish off my training strong and taper to race day.

So let's see... I did do a short run on Tuesday but other than that have been trying to stay off the leg and have been really busy. I almost went for a run about 11 last night but then decided sleep would be better for me. All in all, I feel like I have things under control, am very fit, and feel pretty decent about the race mentally. The Fish Hatchery to Twin Lakes (and return) section has me a little nervous since I have not run that portion of the course and this features the longest stretch of pavement on the course. I have seen everything but Hope Pass now so that makes me aware of everything at least. I am planning to go up to look at Hope either this weekend or early next week.

Ok. I'll keep you posted with plans and progress.

See you out there.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails