Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back on the bike...

Pain and suffering are often the catalysts for life's most profound lessons. - Dean Karnazes

Yesterday: Night Run - Mesa Trail, 1 hour
Today: Ride - Neighborhood trails, 1 hour
Tomorrow: Ride - Leadville course (maybe), 3 hours

I guess I am going to get back on the bike for a bit to let my shin heal. I ran last night with Pete and it really gave me some troubles. Hurt from the very beginning and afterwards it was really painful. So I'll be giving it some rest to see if I can get it back in shape.

Yesterday I worked in the morning on a project for Quintess. Luke is in Mt. Hood skiing so I am covering for him for the next few days. I then jammed down to Boulder to run a few quick errands and see Shirley for a massage and some ultrasound on my leg.

I then went over to Pete's to hang out and wait for the sun to go down. Jess and Brad were going to join us but weren't feeling up to it so just Pete and I set out at sunset to run a small portion of the Mesa Trail.

It was warm last night - calm and clear. Good running weather. Running at night is a different experience than daytime jaunts and I am growing quite fond of it. We didn't see any other people during our hour out on the trail and it was a peaceful run through the Boulder Foothills. I am planning to do one of these a week until the race so jump on the train if you feel like getting out during cooler temperatures to experience running in a whole new way.

Pete mentioned that upon moving to Boulder, he was out late one night and encountered two night runners. At the time, he thought these people were quintessential Boulder weirdos. Running at night? Jackasses. Welcome to the fold, Pete.

Today I have a bunch of work to do and a couple of conference calls. I may try to scoot out for a ride in the early afternoon but that may need to wait until this evening. I am considering jamming up to Leadville tomorrow to ride the course from Fish Hatchery to Twin Lakes and back but work may get in the way of that little adventure and it may need to wait until the weekend.

And on a final note, check out Kiva.org. This is a cool site that let's individuals participate in microloan programs around the world. Pretty cool to be able to make a difference in people's lives from afar.

See you out there.

~stubert.

1 comment:

PBS said...

I am forced to confess that what I once despised I now praise...

Related Posts with Thumbnails