Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, July 26, 2007

R&R...

Is this a... what day is this? ~ The Dude

Yesterday: Nuttin'
Today: Nuttin'
Tomorrow: Ride - Not sure where just yet, ~2 hours

How time flies when you are sitting on your ass waiting for your friggin' leg to heal. I haven't done a damned thing since Sunday and it is making me a little cranky. On top of that, I have been at least a day off all week.

The shin got some extra love today with a visit to Shirley, a taping instructional from Mark and my first venture to a chiropractor. Good times. Needless to say, after 38+ years of abuse, I am a little tweaked but Dr. Boynton at North Boulder Chiropractic seems to be throwing the good mojo at me. He assessed my tweaked spine, did some stress tests, cracked my back a little then used this mini jackhammer gizmo on me for a bit. So far, so good. I immediately regained some strength in my legs and somehow felt taller after the whole ordeal (which, frankly, wasn't really much of an ordeal at all). I go back on Monday to get re-tested and to get some more alignment done if need be.

So I'm off the feet, working like a crazy person, jonesing to run and see The Simpsons Movie, and plan to get on the bike tomorrow to get back in the swing of training. Should be good. I'll run a little next week if the good doctor says that is cool. Roughly three weeks to go.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails