Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, July 27, 2007

Electric...

Ka-CHOW! ~ Lightning McQueen

Yesterday: Nuttin'
Today: Ride - Peak to Peak, ~30 minutes
Tomorow: Ride - Big Ned, ~4 hours?

Time was short today so I made due. And felt like crap. Got up fairly early and headed out on the 'Cross bike. Just had time for a short lap. It was glorious out, so that made the way I felt less gruesome. I have come to understand that not only are some days better than others, but that it takes me forever to warm up these days. So no biggie.

The leg was a little tight but not too shabby. No stabbing shards of glass embedded in my shin. I'll count this as progress.

I rode down to a meeting today on the motorbike. On the way back up I headed directly into a pretty solid thunderstorm. Typical this time of year. Lightning was striking all around as I wound up the canyon and shortly thereafter it started pouring. I was wearing my trusty Aerostich so no soaked Stus. These suits are awesome.

Tomorrow I am planning a nice, long ride. Probably will head out to the dots and down to Ned. Then I'll explore around to see what fun can be had out there. I was planning to log some road miles but just can't seem to muster up the desire to toss on the slicks and hit the pavement. Probably has something to do with the debacle that calls itself professional cycling. Bunch of cheaters, those guys are. Makes me ill.

Movie stuff: Last night we watched Tideland, a Terry Gilliam vehicle. Gilliam is the master of the beautiful/horrible but this one was more horrible than beautiful. Kind of an Alice in Wonderland inspired tale but for me, it just didn't work. Not on my recommended list.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails