Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, June 8, 2007

Productive Friday...

I'm reinforcing the header! ~ Buster Bluth

Yesterday: Nuttin'
Today: Ride - Casa del Critters, 1:45
Tomorrow: Longish hike/ski/run?

Just a quick one to try to get me in the habit...

Today I took the day off from work and freelanced and organized my home office a bit. Still not complete but getting there. I have a bunch of projects on which I am working with more on the horizon. I will definitely need to get myself in the groove, so to speak, in order to not get too bogged down with working all the time. I managed to squeeze out for a fun little ride in the local neighborhood and hooked up a trail I have been trying to link for a couple of years. Good times.

I actually am riding pretty well right now and managed to get almost all the way across a really technical spot I have been trying to nail for quite some time. That felt pretty good. I had one unplanned dismount (I didn't hit the ground) that bent my derailleur hanger a little bit and somehow jacked up my front shifter as well. Weird. I guess that is what I get for riding the geared rig.

I signed up to work with Habitat for Humanity on the 2oth to help build a house on West Kentucky Avenue in Denver. I helped out this fall with a project in the same area and it was a lot of fun. It felt good to be able to lend a hand to a project of that type and to volunteer some time to help out others. With my work schedule becoming less structured, I am hoping to be able to do more volunteering on a regular basis.

Tomorrow I plan to get out and about for some sort of adventure. I may just end up doing a really long run but am not quite sure of the plan. If you have any thoughts, feel free to let me know.

Don't you go changin'.

~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails