Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Must. Fight. Urge. To. Sleep. In...

I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death. ~ Nas

Friday: Run - Boulder Res, ~ 1 hour
Yesterday: Bunnies, ~4 hours
Today: Run - GGCSP, ~ 2 hours
Tomorrow: Massage - InMotion, 1 hour

I guess I missed a day there. Friday was good. I finished up work and went for a lunch run around the Res. I warmed up around Coot Lake and then ran around Boulder Res in 40:52. That isn't blazingly fast but is a personal best for me on this route. It is an average of sub-8-minute miles so that is WAY faster than I will ever run at Leadville. I just tried to keep a fairly steady pace the whole time and to keep from maxxing out my heartrate. Mission accomplished. I did experience some stomach cramps for a portion of the run but was able to just run through them. So that is encouraging. Overall, I felt okay for a change.

Several of us got together after work for Happy Hour. It was a lot of fun to have some of my co-workers get together for a send-off. I will really miss the people with whom I have worked for the past several years and really hope to stay in touch with them.

Yesterday (catching up), Rach and I spent the day at the Colorado House Rabbit Society's Spring Fling. There was a great turn-out and people seemed to have a good time. It was a little warm for the bunnies so we put ours in the shade and gave them a frozen bottle of water to huddle around. They seemed to have a decent time overall. I think it worked well as a fundraiser with lots of people participating in the silent auction, buying items from the gift shop and whatnot. Fun times.

Today, I am trying to get out the door for a run over in the State Park near our house. I'll probably head out from here and then do a big loop through the park and back home. I have a TON of contract/freelance work to accomplish this weekend so I need to get back in time to bang out some design work and code for a couple of clients. I am actually hoping to switch my schedule to work more weekends and take off days mid-week and I am guessing it will take a little while to get that sorted out. Right now my worst problem is rolling out of the sack at a decent time. I typically have been getting up very early each morning to go to work but the past few days I have felt the need to sleep in. I have to get back in the mode of getting up early so that I can be sure to get everything accomplished.

Tomorrow, I have some errands to run in Boulder and will be seeing Shirley for a massage. Right now, I don't really have any soreness so I must be doing something right. I bet Shirley will find something to work over, however. She seems to have a knack for that.

Ok kiddies. I should have some photos coming soon since I did get my camera the other day. Hoping to be able to spice things up with some shots for you guys.

See you out there.

~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails