Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Big Five-Oh...


Is that your blood? ~ Richard Chesler

Day 50 - pretty good for a working stiff, huh?

Today started early. Very early. The alarm rousted me at 4:15 and Luke and I were on the bikes by 5:45 for a fast and furious ascent of Pawnee Ridge. Luke had to be back in Boulder by 9:30 so we jammed up the Mitchell Lake trailhead and were at the top of the couloir in less than two hours.

The conditions were a little punchy on the trail up - several hip-deep postholes were masterfully created and decorated by Luke's bloody knees - but the tough going on the way up was rewarded with amazing snow for the ski down. Really fun Spring conditions. Check out the shots.

Tomorrow Rage and I head to the Colorado House Rabbit Society to clean bunny cages. Right now, our bunnies are tearing ass around our living room and totally trenching our living room. We should shave some bitchin' fire or racing stripes or something into their fur. I'll see if I can talk Rage into that. Photo documentation will occur, I assure you.

See you out there.

~stubert

Edit: I have very little tolerance for bad film at this point. My schedule is way too tight to spend 2+ hours watching a crummy excuse for a movie. I got through roughly 20 minutes of Blood Diamond before deeming it too poorly written to warrant my attention. Perhaps I missed out on really solid 2nd and 3rd acts but I'll never know. Good luck with that one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails