Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just a tiny bit lost...

The clearest way to the Universe is through a forest wilderness. ~ John Muir

Yesterday: Run, Raccoon Popsicle, 2 hours
Today: Off (workin')
Tomorrow: Run, ???, 3 hours

Man, I am swamped. This is a good thing for sure but I am way busier than I thought I would be at this juncture. Things are going well.

Yesterday, I made the mistake of going for an exploratory run prior to a conference call. What I thought would be an hour and a half quickly turned into two as I got lost on the trails around my house. I used to run and ride up here all the time but it has been awhile since I navigated these particular trails. There is a huge network of trails in this area, most of which are old mining roads. They criss-cross the landscape indiscriminately and taking the wrong one is fairly easy to accomplish.

I ran at a steady pace from my house up to Golden Gate Canyon State Park where I spun a lap on Raccoon Trail. It was warm for up here - upper 80s - but I felt fine as I ran the first hour or so. I had a little time to burn and decided to take an alternate route home. I quickly got a bit lost and found myself having to backtrack then do a heinous poach through someone's back yard to get back home in time for my call. Plus, I had to run a lot faster on the way back than I planned but made it with a few minutes to spare. Good stuff.

Today was spent working and attending meetings. It was good to take a day off and to set things up for work over the coming weeks. Tomorrow's plan is a bit up in the air right now but I'll be out there and so should you. Tell your boss I said it was okay to take the day off.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails