Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Keep climbing...

People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things. ~ Edmund Hillary

Yesterday: Singlespeed ride - South Boulder, ~ 1 hour
Today: Run - Golden Gate Canyon State Park, ~ 2 hours
Tomorrow: Ride - Commute to work, ~ 1 hour

Yesterday, Luke and I went for a short ride around South Boulder and then watched Brad race. I now remember why I no longer race bikes. It looks kindof fun but in a massively painful sort of way. Brad was killin' it in the Singlespeed class however and would consistently put the hammer down whenever he came around to where Luke and I were standing. Plus he was sporting some sweet new socks so I am sure that made him even faster.

Things are crazy right now with switching up my work stuff. I am sure that everything will settle into a nice smooth workflow soon but these last few days have been hectic. I am looking forward to being able to focus more solidly on one set of goals starting next week. Having a flexible schedule will be most welcomed.

Okay... this is pretty cool in a "because we can" kind of way. I read about the planned attempt to scale Everest using 1924 technology the other day and apparently they actually made it! I am not sure I am convinced that this proves that Mallory and Irvine were the first to summit or even if it is an apples to apples test (my opinion, it's not) but it is still an interesting endeavor. Those knickers are pretty spiffy too. (Yikes!)

See you out there.

~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails