Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Changes...

The man who looks for security, even in the mind, is like a man who would chop off his limbs in order to have artificial ones which will give him no pain or trouble. ~ Henry Miller

Yesterday: Run - Casa del Critters, ~1 hour
Today: Singlespeed Ride - Boulder area?, ~2 hours
Tomorrow: Run - High Lonesome?

Pretty definitive there, aren't I?

So things are winding down for me here at work. Friday is my last day and then I join the ranks of the self employed. I have a bunch of consulting and production work lined up and feel good about this move. It will provide some flexibility in my schedule that will be quite welcome in the coming months and will allow me to build on my strengths in business and strategy development. Plus, my commute will be MUCH shorter!

So I purchased a camera that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. This is the second time in two weeks that I have purchased something with guaranteed delivery that hasn't been delivered. Both times, they claimed no one was home when, in fact, Rach was there. Lame. As most of you know, we live in a pretty tiny house. Either these guys are knocking VERY softly or are not waiting any time at all for Rach to get to the door. Regardless, I am psyched to get this new camera so that I can post shots more frequently.

Last night I went for a run in the woods around our house. It was cool and raining so I had to bundle up a bit but it was fun to get out in the weather and the sloppy conditions to run around the wilderness. I tried to hook up a new trail someone built but it seems to only be about half-way done at the present moment so I had to bushwhack back around to the main trail. I have explored so much terrain in these woods that I pretty much know my way around at this point. I can remember way back when we first moved to the area and I would get lost up there frequently. Not really "lost" per se but confused about where I was in the grand scheme of the area. In this particular area, if you head one direction for any period of time you will eventually hook up with a road of some sort. You might be a few miles from home but you wouldn't be too bad off.

So my run went pretty well. It was short but I felt strong. I am looking forward to riding the bike tonight and then cruising through the remainder of the week. This weekend, Rach and I are going to be at the Spring Fling at the House Rabbit Society helping to raise money for the critters. I am hoping to do a very long run on Sunday if anyone is interested.

~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails