Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wetter is better...

Open the sky and let her come down. ~ The Cult

Yesterday I was the Singlespeed commuter extrordinaire. I rode the bus in from Ned and then rode from the station to work - about 40 minutes. I was in dire need of a haircut and Shannon at Al's Barber Shop had a 1:30 available and was going to be on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I took it. Luke joined me on my trek back to Boulder and showed me some fun bike-path trails out in the Gunbarrel area. We grubbed some burritos, Luke goofed around while Shannon went to work on my melon, and we rode back to his house via 4th Street/Wonderland Lakes.

Shortly after parting company with Luke, the clouds broke open - drenching me completely. It was a warm day so I wasn't really bothered by it. Sometimes it is fun to ride in the rain. I made it back to work safely and then grabbed the bus back to Boulder/Ned since my clothes were soaked. There are few things worse than having to put on wet gear so I opted out of riding back to the station.

I somehow squeezed in an appointment with Mark at In Motion for this afternoon and will probably try to ride this evening at home depending upon his diagnosis and recommendations for activity-levels over the next few days. I am feeling really fit right now and don't want to lose it but maybe a rest is in order. Gotta take these things in stride.

Log some miles for me.

~stubert

Edit: Oh yeah, if anyone wants to bring me a replacement Jamba Juice (Protein Berry with Immunity, please) I'd be most grateful. I dropped mine on the way in to work and it exploded all over the foyer. Good times.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails