Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Recovery...

Be the ball, Danny. ~ Ty Webb

Yesterday, I hit the links with my parents. It was a beautiful day in Gunnison and great to be outside. I shot a 102 which, for me, isn't too shabby. I am not much of a golfer but am improving a bit. It was good to have a solid couple of rest days as my ankle is bugging me quite a bit. It feels and acts very similarly to a wrist injury I sustained at the start of the ski season that was diagnosed as tendonitis so I am guessing that is the verdict. I'll need to get in to see someone about it as soon as possible in order to be able to get back to training. Dr. Paul, here I come.

Today, I may go for a bike ride to see how that affects my ankle problem. Hopefully, I will be able to find something relatively low impact so that I can keep my hours up while recovering. I still haven't gotten out to explore the trails around our house and would like to link a couple of things up this summer. There is some fun, non-technical stuff in this area and new loops seem to appear every season. I'd like to build a couple more technical descents and keep searching for good places to put them in. The Flume is my current favorite and just needs a dirt hook-up to make it really good. Maybe that will be my other summer project.

~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails