Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, May 11, 2007

Healing...

How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees? ~ William Shakespeare

I am healing up nicely. Yesterday morning I was still hobbling around a bit but I went to the driving range at lunch with Bret and then went for a Singlespeed ride after work with Luke and felt a lot better this morning. I am a pretty bad golfer. That much hasn't really changed. Good to know some things are consistent.

Luke and I headed out towards Heil Ranch north of Boulder but time constraints (mine) forced us back through on trails west of the Res. Luke showed off his
Singlespeed skills by riding all the way up the Foothills Trail climb. I was thwarted by the steps at the top and my brain. Must avoid caving into the urge to stop.

Samantha is hanging in there. Rage is doing a great job of keeping up with her meds and fluids and whatnot. They went in for a doctor's visit this morning and we now get to wait to hear about test results. Hope it is good news. She is being a trooper and is spending lots of time getting pets from Rage.

Tomorrow, I plan to spin a few laps up at A-Basin before they close. I think they are trying t
o stay open until June 3rd but don't know if they will make it. Depending upon what skiing gets done, I may do a run in the afternoon. The Boulder Adventure Film Festival is this weekend too so we will probably try to catch some of that. Seems like there is never enough time to do everything on one's list.

Today, I plan to do a whole lot of nothing. May take a short hike when I get home but other than that, I just plan to kick it. Let me know if you have other activities in mind.

I leave you with a photo of a goat in a tree:


~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails