Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, May 25, 2007

And some brightness...

Too many people miss the silver lining because they are expecting gold. ~ Maurice Setter

In an effort to counteract my last post. I ran across the story of an 18-year-old who recently summited Mt. Everest. Hopefully without the use of banned substances. She has climbed to the top of the each continent's highest peak and her little sister (age 10) is following in her footsteps. Good stuff.

And in my EPO-fueled rage (others use, not my own), I forgot to mention yesterday's Singlespeed ride with Luke. We did a quick spin around Heil Ranch, north of Boulder. Afterwards, I was ready to get back on my Dual Sus as this full-rigid stuff will shake the fillings out of your teeth. Or teeth out of your head. Fun stuff though. Heil is a blast.

Tomorrow, I am hoping to get in a long backcountry trek to log some Spring turns near Brainard and may do a run or ride near my house in the afternoon. More of the same Sunday and Monday. Comment if you are interested in joining in the fun and/or games.

~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails