Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

I do stuff...

I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty. ~ Imelda Marcos

Recently, Rage made the observation that the pile of shoes in our mud room consisted of mostly size 10s. I must confess, the volume of footwear I possess is a bit ridiculous. It seems that every activity in which I participate leads to a new shoe purchase. Plus, I am currently rotating 3 pair of running shoes, etc., etc., etc.. It is a bit obscene. So I looked into recycling programs for shoes to see what one can do to help get shoes that are worn but not worn out into the right hands. Good stuff.

Yesterday, Rage and I went for a hike in Golden Gate Canyon State Park. This great little front-range treat is just up the hill from our house and features some killer hiking and biking trails. I plan to spend a lot of time there this summer.

Today, I plan to go for a run after work up near my house. I want to see if the trails in Roosevelt National Forest are clear. I'll keep you posted.

Edit: No running tonight. I am feeling a bit like a wuss and it was hailing during the period I was planning to head out. I am trying to rally the troops for a Singlespeed ride tomorrow after work. Anyone who is interested, let me know.

~stubert

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails