Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tic Tac Toe...

Got up. Got out of bed. ~ The Beatles

I didn't intend to ski today. Really, I didn't. But Luke and Nichole rang me up about 8 this morning to see if I could at least meet them so that Nichole would have something to strap to her feet. On Thursday, we stashed the quiver in Holmsey as Luke didn't really want to have to climb back up on top of Kevin's rig to tie his skis to the top. In any event, I figured if I was going to Ned anyway, I might as well get in a few runs. So that's what I did.

Today was cold. And windy. Pretty typical for Eldora. I had a business meeting at 11 so we didn't stay too long but did manage to get some turns made. Always a good time. This was day 12 for me, so that is a pretty solid start to the season. We are finally getting some snow but between the brutal grooming and Eldora's reluctance to open much up, it is still pretty slim pickins up there. Pete went to the Basin yesterday and said it was most excellent. At least they are turning Pali now and have opened up some tougher terrain. Which is nice.

Other than that, I am just keeping busy. As you noticed, I picked a new template for the blog. Figured it was time. We have watched several movies in the past couple of days. Here's the run-down:

Movies:

  • Children of Men: Not great. Not terrible, but nothing to rush out to see. Essentially a chase story about the demise of the human race once something undetermined makes us all sterile.
  • Charlotte's Web: Cute pigs, not much else going for it. Dakota Fanning is really annoying.
  • Superbad: Crude, but funny.
  • Porco Rosso: Not Miyazaki's best effort but still pretty amazing.
Okay. Your homework for today is to do something you have never done before. Go!

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails