Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pllllltttt...

Too much, too soon. ~ Referee - Slapshot

These past few weeks have been crazy. In the past week alone, I have been over to Gunnison twice, logged day 9 on the slopes, super busy with work. Generally frantic.

So I'll just jump right in...

Skiing:
We are finally getting some snow. Much needed and appreciated. Rach reminded me of an old Eldora maxim - STBG (Stop the Brutal Grooming) - which was in full effect today. We pulled out Luke's stash of Big Dogs for a full-frontal assault on some tasty pow but were disappointed to find that Eldora slope-control had groomed the hell out of everything. Good times were still had but damn. Hook a brotha up. We have received another 6-8 inches at my house since getting home around noon today so perhaps a quick run up the hill will be in order tomorrow to see if the heinous grooming continues...

Running:
To be honest, Leadville has been haunting me a bit since the race. I am pretty confident that I gave it everything I had last summer but think I am going to give it another try in '09. Too much going on right now to take another stab this year but I think that I'll be able to tackle it again in a couple years. I may do a 50-miler this summer (Collegiate Peaks Ultra) and would still like to pace if I can find a good match. I haven't been running much at all and now, with the snow, am probably going to have to find different ways of logging miles. I really miss it, though, so think that is a good sign.

Work:
We have been hard at work these past weeks and have continued steady progress on the Quintess site. We launched McLean Forge a couple of weeks ago and have a steady stream of project requests. Good stuff.

Movies:
I have been taking time to watch a lot of film of late. Here is a run-down of some of the titles:

  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead: Pretty amazing performances in a severely mediocre film.
  • Blades of Glory: Quite amusing. Watch this one.
  • Three Kings: Fairly straightforward narrative but great execution.
  • Flirting with Disaster: Another David O. Russell vehicle. Funny stuff.
  • End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones: Decent rocumentary about a great band.
  • The Bad Seed: Hilarious. Unintentionally so.
  • Curse of the Golden Flower: Not so good.
  • Waiting for Guffman: Not Guest's best effort but really amusing nonetheless.
  • Secretary: Pretty awesome.
  • Fargo: It has been awhile since I have seen this one. Still really great.
So that about covers it for now. Peace.

~stubert.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Stu Crue '09. I am in!

Related Posts with Thumbnails