Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Still in the 'Sack...

The waiting is the hardest part. ~ Tom Petty (coincidentally heard while on hold with Apple)

I am still over in Gunnison. Might be heading back to the Front Range today but we're playing that by ear at this point.

I am a little banged up from yesterday's adventures. Nothing bad, I just took one squirrelly fall during which I somehow managed to bang my left elbow on something and I kicked my right shin right in-between the top of my boot and the bottom of my kneepad. Perfect placement. Seems like that happens a lot, actually. Which probably means my pads are working fine, they just don't cover enough! Part of the game. I do have a nice contusion on my shin however that goes nicely with the scar I got while hopping a fence on my October snow run. Good stuff.

No skiing today and I really need to get some work completed as well. Just too many things going on right now.

I am super excited to get back home to see Rach. She has been awesome -- staying at home and taking care of all the monsters while I am away. As always, I'll keep you posted.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails