Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Good day at the Butte...

No quote. Too lazy. ~stubert.

Hit the Butte today for some steeps (finally). Almost the whole
mountain is open already which is amazing. Headed straight to Teocali
Bowl then jammed out to Third Bowl. I spent the whole day spinning
laps in Spellbound, Phoenix, The Glades, etc. Awesome to finally get on
something that challenged my limits. I actually had to back out of a
skinny chute on Staircase as the sluff I kicked in took out the rest
of the snow severely limiting my options. All in a good day's fun at
my hometown resort.

Skied all day with Zach from San Diego. It was his first time at CB so
I gave him the ultimate locals' tour-o'rama. Even met up with a guy I
haven't seen in several years at the top of Third Bowl. Bret is a
photographer who has moved to Boulder recently and was doing a bad job
of trying to not kill his girlfriend, Ann (?? Crap, I forgot her
name). Small world.

Planning to head back over to the Front Range tomorrow but we'll see
what happens. I hate to leave the Butte while it is skiing so
incredibly well but I miss my sweetie who is home taking care of the
menagerie.

I'll keep you posted.

~stubert.

______________________
via mobile

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails