Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, December 13, 2007

And today makes ten...

071213 Basin Crüe: Me, Luke, Kevin, Tark

We will not abide another toe.
~ Jeffrey Lebowski

Hit the Basin today for some raucous fun. More snow means more open terrain and the good times definitely were rolling. We had a good crüe too... Luke, Nichole, Kevin and Tark. Luke even broke out the big dogs and boy did we let them eat.

It was pretty vacant today at the Basin so we were able to really cut loose a few times. I brought my Garmin with us and we logged some serious top speeds tucking the front side. (Shhhhh 59.7) Literally only turning when forced to by the change in run direction. Good stuff. There was even some pow to be had and we mined it for all it was worth.

This was day 10 for me, which is about 10 more than you, sucka!

Cool shot of the valley below Eldora looking Tahoe-ish.

On a different note, the Leadville recovery continues... I lost another toenail yesterday. That should do it for parts of me falling off due to that race. Tark suggested that I save them and make earrings but they are long gone. Alas, part of the game, I suppose. I ended up losing the one on my left big toe, and on the first toes of both feet. Weird how your body deals with things. I thought I had overcome the spikes of pain in my feet too as I haven't experienced those in several weeks but I got one today. Just little reminders of the race that keeps on giving.

Other than that, I have just been super stressed with work and family stuff. Skiing at warp speeds seems to help a bit. I think I'll try that again tomorrow.

Shadow: Super ugly

We also just got the cutest friggin' bunny ever. His name is Shadow and what he lacks in cuteness, he makes up for in nut size. Rach is going to fix that little problem toute suite. He'll be available for adoption from the Colorado HRS in the next couple weeks so line up!

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails