Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday already...

Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts. ~ Jim Morrison

Went for a long slog on Sunday that turned into a bit of a death march. My original plan was to spin about 15 miles around Golden Gate but then I started trying to figure out where I would be able to get water during the journey and decided to just go for the mega loop.

I headed out around 8, planning to be home by noon but when it was all said and done, I had ticked off nearly 22 miles and had been out for just under 5 hours. Miles 13-18 were brutal (about 1700 feet of climbing in the heat of the day with little tree coverage). Overall though, it was a good run. Just not too pretty.

The next day I was very excited that I was only really sore from what I would consider impact stress (hips, feet a little). My legs felt fine. Sweet! I went back out on Tuesday and did some interval training around the neighborhood. After warming up for a couple of miles, I started in on 1x1 intervals and did 10 of these. Man, interval training is grim. After I got done with those, I waited until I got my heart rate back down and then ran at 80%+ for 15 minutes for a total run of about 1:15. Good stuff.

Wednesday got away from me and Rach and I are planning to go see Wall-E today so we'll see what happens on the training front. I am going to postpone my Leadville decision until I can get to the point where I feel confident that I can finish without thoroughly destroying myself so that will have to wait until I log a solid, 20+ run without feeling like I might die.

Skiing tomorrow with the usual Crüe. Should be fun.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails