Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Heading up...

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Bob is swinging by around 10 and then we are heading up the hill to Leadville. We have to pick up our race packs by 2 (I find this to be annoying, at best) and then are going to find a place to camp for the night. We'll probably do a short run, take a dip in the lake or sit in one of the area's 38 degree creeks, grab some grub and then get our sleep on prior to tomorrow's big event.

The course is a 25-mile out and back along double-track historic mining roads to the east of Leadville. Overall altitude gain of about 7800'. All at 10,000+ elevation. Good times. Last year, I did the first 50 of the Leadville 100 course in about 12:30 (similar elevation gain over that distance) so I am thinking I should be able to get this done in 12 and may push for 10 if I am feeling well. My main goal is to finish, however.

I won't be posting during the event but will keep you updated here or on my Twitter account when I am able. Check in and keep track of the progress.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails