Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back on track...

You're fit but you know it. ~ The Streets

Nine days out of the race and I am feeling pretty great. Not completely back to normal but getting there. My back was feeling better today so I got up off the friggin' couch and did a fast, fun 8-miler.

Since I am going to run in the Las Vegas marathon in December, I decided no time like the present to try to start picking up the pace a little bit. Hopefully at some point in the not-too-distant future, I'll be able to combine the quicker pace with low heartrates but today was not the day. So I just went ahead and made it a "hard day" and hammered out the 8 miles in an average sub 10-minute pace. Felt okay about it, actually. I need to get in to have Shirley whale on me to get rid of this hamstring thing that has been bugging me for almost a year now. Yeah. Prompt is my middle name.

Rach has been rockin' the bunny farm and is on her way home now with Jamba Juice in tow. She rules. I have to jam down to Denver tomorrow for a meeting and then follow up with clients on a couple of designs I banged out over the last couple of days. Tomorrow night is the second Boulder Adventure Film Festival jury meeting so I have a full day. May need to sneak in a run or a ride somewhere but I'm not sure when that will happen. Thursday, I guess.

So in ultra news, Anton is out for this year's Leadville 100. Bummer. Aparently he has some nerve problems in his feet that have kept him from running for the last month. Drag. I was pretty psyched to go up and watch him kick ass on the course. He is uninterested in just finishing and wants to go into races prepared and able to challenge course records. Not a problem I foresee in my future. I may try to pace someone or sneak in another 50 this fall... haven't decided yet but I am very excited to keep running.

Okay, all you kiddos be good. Or not. Up to you.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails