Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gettin' ready...

My wrist, it hurt so bad. ~ Jose

Hit the track again today for a quick, fast 3-miler. Warmed up for a mile then blasted for a mile then warmed down. 22:20 or something like that. That is pretty quick for a Stu on a very short track.

Anyway, felt okay. Not super but definitely not too shabby. That is my last "fast" run before the race. Should be in decent shape to give it a serious go.

Post run, I hit the pool for a bit to cool down then fell on my ass on some ice outside as I was going to the car. Stupid exhaust condensation. So now my left palm has a cut on it and my right wrist hurts like a mofo. Oh well. I won't be using them much during the race unless things go REALLY wrong.

Rach and I are heading out tonight to see Faust in an encore Met performance screening at a local theater. Should be a lot of fun and good to get out. I have been working stupid hours and need to be sure I start taking some time to just chill.

Working tomorrow, then Friday is going to suck as I am attending the funeral of a college friend who was killed along with his entire family (wife, two kids) over the Thanksgiving Day break. They were staying in a house in Aspen that apparently had a malfunction in either the snow removal system or the boiler and was leaking carbon monoxide. Just really, really horrible and tragic. Ugh.

I fly to Vegas Saturday morning, will get in a short run then grab my race packet and hang out with friends. Sunday the race starts at 6:07 for whatever reason and I am hoping to be done by about 9:37. As always, I'll keep you posted.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails