Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The dreaded snowman...

Obviously, you're not a golfer. ~ Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski

Well, I could wait no longer and hit the Rock today for a few runs. It was absolutely vacant up there so I strapped on the Antis and let 'em run. Test drove the new knee braces too. I think after some adjustments, they are going to be quite nice.

Post Vegas, I was really sore. Sunday, after the race, I dreaded stairs in any form and even stepping down a curb was quite painful. Monday, things were a bit better and by Tuesday, going up stairs was okay but going back down was still a bit of a challenge. I actually felt okay today. A little more thigh burn than normal but overall not too shabby. Recovery is an incredible thing.

So I head over to Gunnison tomorrow to kick it with my dad for a couple nights and will probably try to make a few turns on the way over and some on Saturday at the Butte. They still don't have much open but it will be fun to ski with my dad a bit. He took all last year off to take care of my mom so I am sure he is excited to get back out there on the slopes.

Rach and I are just kicking it. She has been taking good care of me post-race and made some of the yummiest brownies I have ever tasted. Vegan, of course. I think they are for my dad but there may not be any left by the time I make it over to the 'sack. I think they are filled with crack or chocolate chips or chocolate-infused crack or something. I think I'll go eat another one now, in fact. BRB.

Oh man, that is soooooo good.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails