Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day 17...

Pete and Caleb styin' at the Basin.

When in doubt, straighten 'em out.
~ Scary Gary

Rocked the Basin today with Caleb and Pete. They only called in 1" but if that was an inch, I am like 17 feet tall. Lots of blow-in on the Spine, Pali Face and the Rock Garden. Really good times.


Pete tearing it up in the Rock Garden Chutes.

Caleb and I sussed out the rock drop at the top of the Spine and were able to make that go without too much effort, which was pretty cool. All three of us spun Pali laps all day and were rolling into the Bear Trap straight run at speed which was simply awesome. I even saw Pete straighten the planks a couple of times. Even the top of Bear Trap was skiing really well. (Which is a miracle, if you know the Basin at all.)

I bailed after 17 runs as my psoas muscles are still bugging me quite a lot and Pete joined me shortly thereafter. Caleb stayed out for the magic 20 (magic at least for him) and was pretty whooped afterwards. All in all, a great 17th day.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails