Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Two days...

Let's see how many turns we can make down this little pitch. ~ Luke Miller (I think...)

Rach always says that I am a much happier camper when I am able to get out of doors. When confined indoors, I am like a caged bear. So the last couple of days have been happy camperish, for sure. Though I do smell like a caged bear.

Yesterday I went for a run on the snowpacked road on which we live. Not super fast but it was good to get out there. There was some sort of weird inversion going on so it was about 40, which was nice. From our house to the end of the road is about 3.75 miles and about an 800 foot drop to the turn around and I spun pretty even splits. I was definitely whooped and a bit sore today but it felt good to get out there.

Today, I met Luke and Nichole at the Rock for a couple hours of skiing. Salto was open so Luke and I jammed out there for some of the good stuff. Conditions were weird and my legs were missing in action but it was fun to get some turns in on my favorite run at Eldora. I am definitely taking a break tomorrow... Hope to pick things back up on Saturday.

Nichole was doing awesome today. This is her second season (I think) and she is making great tele turns. Great to see her progress for sure. All in all a great couple of days in the high country.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails