Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Monday, January 14, 2008

More of a trot, really...

Can you use my rap name? Rhymenoceros. ~ Bret

Yesterday I hit the Beav again for a quick run. Felt great on the way down but a bit slower on the way back up. To be expected... Uphill with a head-wind is a bit more difficult than the opposite. I am definitely not ready to run any super-long distances but will keep plugging away with the goal of doing a couple of marathons (or at least marathon distance) runs in the coming months and perhaps a 50-mile ultra in July. There are a couple I am looking at right now and will probably opt for the new Leadville 50. We'll see how things go.

It is definitely more difficult running up here during the winter. Last year, I was commuting down to Boulder every day so running at lunch or after work was a snap. Now that I am working from home, I don't have the necessity to be in Boulder on a daily basis and really don't have plans to commute down for runs. Still trying to figure it all out. Apparently Jess is planning to run a marathon in the Spring so perhaps I'll just roll down on a regular schedule to tag along on her long runs.

I was planning to go skiing today but my legs are pretty spent so I am going to just take it easy, get some work done and try to get my tax stuff organized. Um... Good times? Tomorrow I have meetings scheduled then on to Larry's on Wednesday and then drive over to Gunnison on Thursday.

Pete hooked us up with Flight of the Conchords. Check it out if you get a shot. Pretty amusing stuff.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails