Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

From the slopeside office...

Ski fast. Take chances. ~ Old Skier's Proverb

Day 23 on the slopes. Luke and I went up to Eldora for a ski/work/ski extravaganza. Today was Nichole's first Women's Wednesday up at the Rock so Luke and I spent the day holding 7-9 minute meetings interrupted by sweet turns on Eldora's best. We skied for a couple of hours in the morning and I swear, we were the only people mining the goods. We were probably the first to drop in to Ambush, which was being blasted by snowmaking at that time. Untouched buff. Gotta love that. Then we just spun lap after lap on Salto, took a couple hour break to get some work done, then headed back out for some more afternoon turns.

I am skiing relatively well... having some issues when things really tip over but have moments of inspiration which I just need to channel. Something to do with not squaring my shoulders to the fall-line and keeping my hands up and forward. Gotta keep working on that.

We met up with Larry (from Larry's Bootfitting), his wife, Aleshia, and Michael (also from Larry's Bootfitting) and managed to get one run in with them before dropping down to the wrong lift and losing them for the rest of the day. Luke had a mishap on the last run of the day while jamming back down Ambush. We were mining the buff on the left side of the run when Luke high-sided and ended up tangled up in a couple of trees. I helped get him untangled but things were pretty wonky with his left leg. He did something undetermined to his knee but was able to make it down to the base area on his own. Post skiing, he said that his knee is very swollen but he is icing it and thinking good thoughts. Send some good vibrations his way.

Yesterday, we had meetings all day. Drumming up some more business and servicing current clients. Not too shabby. I actually got some work done as well, which was a bonus. Monday, I went up to Eldora for a few afternoon runs. Again, spent all of my time up on Salto.

Other than that, I am just staying busy and trying to get in ski days whenever possible. I am heading back over to Gunnison next week and may hit the Butte for a day while there. Luke and I are heading to Utah on the 24th so let's collectively get him feeling better so that we can rip it up out there.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails