Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Scattered...

Tenzing Norgay - Summit of Everest May 29, 1953

Lose a glove... lose a hand.
~ Russel Bryce

Spent some time with the family this week in snowy Gunnison. I haven't seen it like that for many years. There is a solid 2 feet at my parents' place and piles of the stuff everywhere. Gotta love that.

I drove over on Thursday morning and rolled into the 'Sack about 10:30 or so. My brother was there with his critter, Fisher, so it was fun to see them. Fisher (real name, Christian - but Rach and I call him Fisher because he looks like a Fisher Price person) will be 1 in a couple of weeks and learned how to climb the stairs while at my parents' place, which was pretty fun. I guess his mom may not be too thrilled with that new skill but I figure, he has to learn some time, right? He crawls like a champ but looks like a bulldog while doing so. Good stuff.

So I hung out in Gunnison for a couple of days. I was planning to ski at the Butte on Friday but it was bitch-ass cold, I got a late start and there were things to be done around the house so I bailed and got some work done instead. Jammed back home on Saturday to my lovely sweetie, Rach-tastic. We just hung out last night and did a whole lotta nuthin'.

I went up the hill to Eldora today and am really glad I did. I was skiing like a champ and the snow was actually a lot better than I expected. I am finally starting to put everything together and the results are quite satisfying, I must say. I charged Salto three times and each one was better than the last. Really can't say enough how pleased this makes me.

I met Pete and Edy up at the Rock and they were both doing well also. I got Pete to drop off one of the rocks at the bottom of Westridge, which was just awesome. Good to see him going for it. He is really starting to kill it out there.

Luke and I are off to Salt Lake on Thursday. Hoping to get a couple of days in skiing and shooting while there and hit the OR show. I am also hoping to get in a couple more days on the slopes before heading out and will keep you posted on that.

I watched Everest: Beyond the Limit - Season Two over the last few days. Really hammers home how much people rely on the Sherpa to get them up and down that mountain. Fitting that I watched it the same week that Sir Edmund Hillary passed away. Hillary summited with Tenzing Norgay and I really wonder if Norgay let Hillary summit first. Just askin'. Those Sherpa are machines. Not to take anything away from those that summit but the whole Everest thing seems to have become a high-priced commodity where rich people just pay to get on top and check another "adventure" off their list. Almost like a ride at an amusement park. Fork over your $50K and we'll set everything up so that you get your sorry ass to the top and back down. Just not sure how I feel about it. All the work that the Sherpa do to get the equipment up there, fix lines, shuttle people up and down... seems like a lot less of an accomplishment than it used to be. But what the hell do I know?

That is about it. Skipper had surgery on Thursday and seems to be doing really well. We also have a new bunny staying with us, Thor. He is.... um... feisty? But really cute.

Ok. Homework for today. Get outside and go to a place you have never been before. Doesn't have to be far, just go experience something new.

Take it sleazy.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails