Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Keeps on ticking...

Flyin' at the Basin.

Get up, get, get, get down. ~ Public Enemy

So I jammed up to Eldora on Friday prior to a 12:00 meeting in Broomfield. I wasn't expecting much but when I got to the base was pleased to see that they had received 8 inches or so of fresh stuff. The steeper trees saw about a foot of really tasty pow. As I only had a few hours to spare, I headed straight to Salto and spun laps. Let me tell you, it was really hard to make it to my meeting. Needless to say, I was late.

On Saturday, Pete and I headed up to the Basin for some turns (shots above courtesy of Pete). The conditions were a bit odd on the Spine but tasty patches were sought out and skied with a vengeance. I was skiing fairly well. One thing that is common sense but nonetheless an interesting phenomenon is what I like to call the "Follow-Luke-down-ridiculous-shit factor" or the "Push me Pull you effect". (I don't really like to call it either of those things, actually. I just made that up to look smart.) Essentially, this is how it goes and I find it to be applicable to many things in life, not just tearing ass down snow-covered mountains...

Step One: Get to the point where you are frustrated on something that is at your ability limits.
Step Two: Get in over your head. Go somewhere else and get into some bidness that really pushes your confidence and skills. To the point that you completely flail but not to the point where you die.
Step Three: Move back to the point experienced in step one and feel the Gs, baby.
Step Four: Repeat.
That is about it. We are heading to Gunnison on Thursday this week. Nighthawks starts on Wednesday at the Rock. I am pretty much booked every day. Good times.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails