Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ouch...

I don't believe in Harry Potter (or arnica or gmail). ~ Pete (paraphrased, last name withheld to protect the non-believers)

Yesterday: Run ~ neighborhood trails, 1 hour
Today: Bunny cages
Tomorrow: Ride

Hmmm. Well that wasn't the most painful run I have ever done but it definitely wasn't the least either. I thought it might be interesting to see how well I could deal with a run. From the beginning, I felt pretty rusty and had some pain in my left knee after running only about 1/4 mile. That subsided after a bit but I never really felt great. Downhills were just jarring. Getting back into a flow was really not an option somehow. What did I expect only two weeks out?

I think I need to just stay at it. Slowly work back into the longer runs. My foot is still a pain and standing on it for 3 hours today didn't really help matters but it will heal. I am just a little beaten still. I have been thinking a lot about what would help the most if I decide to run Leadville again. One item on the list is to get faster and smoother. I think that if I were able to minimize the time and the punishment, things would go better for me overall. I need to improve my gait for sure.

Maybe some mid-distance events are in my future (marathon-50 miles). I may seek out a few of those to use as training events in the coming months. I am really excited for ski season, however so staying in shape (and healthy) for that is priority #1 right now.

Friday night, the Crüe met up for dinner at a local Boulder restaurant, Ras Kassas. This place rules. I had a great time with everyone and was psyched that everyone could make it. Ras Kassas features amazing Ethiopian cuisine and a fun atmosphere. If you have never eaten there (or another Ethiopian restaurant), I highly recommend it. Good times were had by all.

I haven't been watching many movies of late as I have been reading the Harry Potter series of books. I finished the final installment last night and I must say that they are quite engaging. Again, highly recommended. As Rach says, "They aren't Proust," but they are good entertainment. I am still not so sure about the movies (though I have only seen the first). I'll keep you posted on those as I attempt to sit through them as well.

Ok. I have to get some work done. Have a great long weekend.

~stubert.

1 comment:

PBS said...

"We believe in nothing, Lebowski. Nothing!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails