Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, September 15, 2007

All work and no play...

The trick to juggling is determining which balls are made of rubber and which ones are made of glass. ~ Anonymous

Yesterday: Worked
Today: Hike/Cut down trees
Tomorrow: Hike/Cut down trees

I wish I had more to report but I have been way too busy working. Frankly, it is making me a bit grumpy so I need to figure out how to make more time for other stuff in each and every day. I haven't figured that out yet but will get back with you on that one.

Today, I am going to start thinning our property. In case you hadn't heard (or somehow never leave the front range), we have a bit of a pine beetle problem in the high country that is killing vast amounts of forest. This is much more evident in Grand and Summit counties but is making its way eastward. One way you can help strengthen your trees (and hopefully stave off the worst of the damage) is to thin your trees to help those that remain to grow more resistant to the attack. Essentially maximizing the nutrients, water and sunlight available to each individual tree by minimizing the competition. So that's what we're going to do. Plus, we have some trees that have what is called Gall Rust which makes them more susceptible to wind damage so we'll drop those as well. Pete and Luke are coming up tomorrow to lend a hand which will be awesome.

The only other news is that I am a month out from Leadville and am feeling fine. One interesting phenomenon that occurred this week was that about 3 and a half weeks out, the skin on my feet started to shed. Mostly this was that which was affected by blisters but some between my toes decided to head for the proverbial hills as well. Not really a problem, just an interesting side effect of the craziness that is running 70+ miles. My toenails are still attached, which is nice. (I think that all sounded much more gross than it really is.)

Ok kiddies. That's all for today. Hope to have something more interesting for you tomorrow and in the days to come.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails