Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, February 29, 2008

Quickie - Day 44...

Oh-man-I'm-really-wired. This-was-a-bad-idea. ~ Homer Simpson

Just a quick update...

Wednesday, I headed up to Eldora early to get some turns in with Luke and Jonny Copp and to shoot some stills. Jonny, in addition to being a world-class climber, is a great photographer. We have been wanting to hook up to get some shots for a long time and finally made it happen.

We went out the gate at the top of Corona to hit the chutes above Lost Lake and ended up skiing Right Chute. I was skiing like a chump so am not sure what Jonny was able to salvage out of the deal but Luke was skiing, as usual, like a champ. Shooting is tough... you get out to something pretty steep and have to perform on your first turns. Tough to get a groove going for sure when you haven't even given yourself any time to warm up. Oh well. I did ski the last pitch really well which made up for my turdy skiing up top. Well, maybe not completely...

Yesterday was spent in meetings and working and whacking down more coffee in a single sitting than in the past 6 years combined. So that was interesting. Good meeting though. And I did manage to get some work done.

I also buried our bunny, Yoda, who died last week. What a great little guy. He will be missed but I found him a great spot up the hill near his buddies, Rockshot and Schmoodini. R.I.P. Yoda-butt.

Today is going to be an action-packed day of work and play. Luke and I are heading up to the Basin to get some Enduro training in. I'll let you know how that goes.

Wear your helmet.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails