Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Back from the dead...

I feel like a hundred dollars. ~ Irwin Fletcher

Ok. You know you feel like ass when you can't even manage to update your blog. Or maybe that is the other way around, I can't remember.

In any event, the last week has been... challenging. I came back from SLC with some sort of demon virus and managed to quickly pass it on to my lovely wife. Apparently I am just too damned sexy or something. I think she was just being sweet and it is really that I was spreading Stu cooties all over the house. But I suppose we can stick with the "too sexy" excuse for the time being.

So aside from hacking out a lung every 6 hours and guzzling cough syrup (mmmmmm Dexamethoraphan-ey), I have been working and watching movies. I did go ski on Monday because I simply couldn't stand it any more but other than that, I have been pretty boring. Sexy boring, but boring.

Oh, and I caucused last night. Cast my vote for Edwards, which represented a solid 3% of those caucusing in my district and then proudly re-cast my vote for Obama. So I see it as kindof a dual victory.

I would like to go on record to state that this whole primary/caucus/electoral college system is perhaps the dumbest thing ever conceived and anyone tells you otherwise has been blinded by old John Wayne movies, too many whiskey sours, or both. Seriously... back in the 1700s, this was, I am sure, pretty kickass but in the age of 24-hour "news" channels and the internet, can't we just move to a popular-vote-wins-all sort of deal with a second-choice back up system or some damned thing? And though caucusing was mildly amusing, I would prefer to just go cast my vote, in secret, and go home to do clean the tub or something. Anything.

So movies... I have definitely watched quite a few over the past few days. Here's the list with a short-not-always-sweet "review":

  • Eagle vs. Shark: When nerds mate wackiness ensues. Pretty amusing.
  • V for Vendetta: Written in the 80s. Set in the future. Sadly talking about today. Good movie.
  • The Bourne Identity: The first of a solid series of 2-hour chase scenes. Pretty good stuff.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - World's End: Let's hope series end as well. Not so good.
  • The King of Kong: Who knew video games were so serious? Watch this one.
  • Le Samourai: Good Alain Delon film. So good that apparently doesn't have a copy that works.
  • The Namesake: Good storytelling. A bit on the sad side, however.
  • Thank You for Smoking: Meh. The book was better.
  • 28 Weeks Later: More zombies than you can shake a stick at. An fast buggers too! I guess brains have lots of energy. Though they weren't eating just brains. I dunno. Just turn yours off when you watch this and you'll be fine.
I think there were a few more in there but that's all I could remember.

Ok. I am feeling a lot better and am heading to the Basin or Vail or somewhere tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Don't lick any strange doorknobs.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails