Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 38...

I'm trying to work on my karma. Do you know what karma means? It means that she owes me one. ~ Richard Swersey

Quick and dirty. Today, I slept in. I think there may be a carbon monoxide leak in my house as I just couldn't get my sorry ass out of bed. I finally managed to attain a vertical position and then did some work around the house and headed out to the Rock late.

I got to Eldora in time to spin a few non-stop laps on Salto before Ski Patrol shut it down. I missed the gate going up by mere seconds. Oh well. The snow was good and I was skiing fairly well so I certainly am not going to go around complaining. Tomorrow, I am hoping to actually get moving a lot earlier and head up to the Basin. Missing that place a lot right now. I may head to the Butte on Wednesday. Will have to play that one by ear.

So Rach and I finally got out to see There Will Be Blood yesterday. Great movie. Definitely a bit of a toss-up for me between that and No Country for Old Men but I think I will have to give my nod to Country. Just a different style of movie. More subtle. You should see both if you haven't already.

We also watched It Happened One Night which holds up surprisingly well given that it was made in '34 or something. It is definitely not modern but I usually find movies of that era particularly annoying and actually quite enjoyed it. We also watched Me and You and Everyone We Know which was good but a little disturbing. Really a lonely film.

That's all I have for today, boys and girls. More to come.

Shake your booty. ~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails