Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Long time no post...

They take away our freedom in the name of Liberty. ~ Stiff Little Fingers

Sorry for the lack of posts, boys and girls... I have been helping to take care of some family stuff about which I can't really talk.

Anyway, I have been over to Gunnison several times in the past few weeks. Just got back yesterday and am heading back over on Saturday. Needless to say, I am getting a little tired of that drive.

I did get in another day at Crested Butte last time I was over. The snow there is still good. Springy but good. I went to Eldora today for a few turns and would say about the same for the conditions there. Even more Springy than the Butte but that is to be expected. I didn't ski particularly well but am pretty exhausted from my last Gunny trip.

Rach is being the world's most awesome person ever by taking a shift over at the parental units' house. She relieved me yesterday and I'll do the same for her on Saturday. Pretty soon we'll just be waving and flashing each other as we pass by on the highway. Not good times. I prefer her nudity in closer proximity to my own. But you probably could have surmised that.

So today was number 59. I was hoping to have a bit more than that by now but circumstances have conspired against my quest for 75 days this season. It is still doable, but we'll see. The Enduro is officially in the "maybe" column at this point as well. I suppose I'll keep you posted on that and it will depend on how the next two weeks play out. I am guessing that 2 weeks of minimal skiing and sleep deprivation won't do much for my fitness but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I sold my dirt bike to Pete (though it has been acting up so I haven't yet cashed his check) and my BMW R1150GS is on the market as well. I haven't been riding it much of late and am probably going to combine the two bikes into one with the purchase of an '08 KLR650. Holding off until I get the GS sold, however as making room in the garage is one of the chief goals.

So that isn't about it but that is all I have time for right now. I did manage to go on a run while in the 'Sack last week (9 miles, 1:20) and am still contemplating a 50-miler but am now considering doing something silly and marginally supported vs. a big race. I'll keep you posted on that as things progress.

Ok. Don't you go a-changin'.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails