Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day 61...

Do you think the dead we loved ever truly leave us? ~ Dumbledore

So I am still over here in Gunnison. I did manage to get out yesterday to visit the Butte in its last week of service for this season. Let me tell you... the skiing here is still off the hook. They got 8" (yeah) of somewhat heavy but actually pretty nice pow. I scoff at the 8" number since there were times I was knee deep in the stuff and last time I checked my knees were over 8" off the ground but who's counting, right?

And to top it off, the Butte has this killer ticket deal so I am skiing at $20 per day. Ridunculous.

Teo bowl was the goods but the Funnel was skiing really well too. They also had closed one of the runs on the front side because a mama bear and her two cubs had recently come out of their den so they were being given some breathing space. Kinda neat.

It is snowing again now so tomorrow could be awesome. I may get out for some more turns. We'll see about how things go here at home.

I'll keep you posted.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails